RARE WW1 Imperial Russian 107mm Shrapnel for Gun Mod 1910, in relic condition, complete with a correct fuze, these shells are very rare and have only been made in a very small number. They almost never surface on the collectors market.
INERT - F.F.E (Free From Explosives)
Shipping UK and Europe ONLY
BUYERS MUST BE 18+
107-mm gun model 1910 (Russian: 107-мм пушка образца 1910 года) was a Russian field gun developed in the years before the First World War. It also saw service during the Russian Civil War, Winter War and Second World War. The gun was initially developed and produced by the French arms manufacturer Schneider, but was later built by the Putilovski and Obukhov plants in Saint Petersburg.
n the early 20th century, the French company Schneider gained a controlling interest in the Putilov plant in St. Petersburg Russia. Among the projects at the time was a 107 mm field gun, which was supposed to replace older 107 mm and 152 mm guns then in service. The official designation was 42-line field gun Model 1910 (1 "line" = 1/10 inch or 2.54 mm, thus 42 lines = 106.68 mm). Schneider also built a 105 mm version called the Canon de 105 mle 1913 Schneider for the French Army and export customers.
It is estimated a total of 338 Model 1910 guns were produced in France by Schneider. In July 1912 a contract was signed by the Putilovsky Plant for the production of 100 Model 1910 guns a year with a deadline of October 1917. By November 1919, 174 guns had been completed. An additional 400 guns were ordered from the Obukhov Plant in June 1915, with a deadline of April 1919. Between 1916 and 1924 the Obukhov Plant completed 212 guns