Item:
German WW2 5cm Mortar for Granatwerfer 36, most of the original paint intact, black ink stamps, fully strips, complete with a correct WgRz fuze. 

 

INERT - F.F.E (Free From Explosives)

Shipping UK and Channel Island ONLY 

BUYERS MUST BE 18+

 

History:

The mortar's development was started in 1934 by Rheinmetall-Borsig AG and it was adopted for service in 1936. Its intended role was to engage pockets of resistance that were beyond a hand grenade's throwing range. Until 1938, it used a complicated telescopic sight. By 1941, the Granatwerfer 36 was seen as too complex for its intended role. It fired too light a shell and had too short of a range. It was used as a platoon mortar and operated by a 3-man team. Production was terminated in 1941. By 1942, it had been gradually withdrawn from front line service. However, it remained in use with second-line and garrison units until the end of the Second World War in 1945. As ammunition stocks for the mortar dwindled during 1944-1945, coupled with the loss of the actual mortars, the Germans often relied on captured French and Soviet 50 mm mortars. The 50 mm continued to be popular for the remainder of the war, simply because it was easily transported by two men, and provided infantry with hitting power and a range capability greater than any other weapon readily available at the squad or section level. A total of 22,112,000 rounds of ammunition were produced for the weapon from 1939 to 1943.

German WW2 5cm Mortar for Granatwerfer 36

£45.00Price
    Sign up for our emails :)
    Contact Us

    contact info 

    • White Facebook Icon
    • White Pinterest Icon
    • White Twitter Icon
    • White Instagram Icon

    © 2023 by Bowtie Company. Proudly created with Wix.com